Time for another classic spin with the Classic Club. Head over there for a full set of rules, they are simple.
Update your Spin list, or create one with 20 classic novels your want to read. It should be published before before next Sunday 11th December, 2022. I am at the very last minute this time, but I always keep an updated list under my Challenge label.
On Sunday 11th, December, the Classic club will post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by the 29th January, 2023.
I am eagerly looking forward to see which classic comes up. I did manage to read the last challenge which was Death Comes to the Archbishop by Willa Cather. Let's see what comes up this time. Here is my list.
My Spin List (as of 10 December 2022)
1. The Master and Margarita by Michail Bulgakov
2. The Bride of Lammermoor by Sir Walter Scott
3. Daisy Miller by Henry James
4. The Seahawk by Rafael Sabatini.
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj
6. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
7. Child Harold by Lord Byron
8. House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
9. The Red and the Black by Stendhal
10. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
11. Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
12. The Wings of the Dove by Henry James (last spin)
13. Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence
14. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
15. To Have and Have not by Ernest Hemingway
16. Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
17. The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham
18. The Brothers Karamazov by Fjodor Dostoevsky
19. The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier
20. A Writer's Notebook by Somerset Maugham